We test each vendor's drivers against our driver approval policy and our benchmark rules to ensure they do not unfairly influence or manipulate benchmark scores. You should only compare 3DMark scores when using the approved Windows drivers listed on this page. Older drivers may also have been approved, but, in general, we recommend using the latest approved drivers to get the best results from your system.
Note that you will not be able to obtain a valid benchmark score if Lucid Virtu MVP HyperFormance is installed on your PC.
Tessellation Controls must remain unmodified in order to obtain a valid 3DMark score in Port Royal, Time Spy, Fire Strike, Night Raid, Sky Diver and 3DMark 11.
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 22.7.1
- For Radeon RX 6000, RX 5000, VII, RX Vega, RX 500, RX 400 and Pro Duo series.
- For Radeon RX 6800M RX 5700M, RX 5600M, RX 5500M and RX 5300M series.
- For Radeon 600 and RX 600 mobile series.
Radeon Pro Software Enterprise Edition 22.Q2
- For Radeon Vega Frontier Edition, Pro SSG, Pro Duo, Pro W, Pro WX, Pro V, FirePro W and FirePro S series
AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 22.6.1
- For Radeon R9 Fury, R9 300, R9 200, R7 300, R7 200, R5 300 and R5 240 series.
- For Radeon R9 M300, R9 M200, R7 M300, R7 M200, R5 M300 and R5 M200 series.
- For Radeon HD 8500-8900, HD 7700-7900, HD 8500M-8900M and HD 7700M-7900M series.
Radeon Software 15.7.1
- For Radeon R5 235X, R5 230, R5 220, HD 8000-8400, HD 7000-7600, HD 6000, HD 5000, HD 6000M and HD 5000M series.
Catalyst 13.1 Legacy
- For Radeon HD 4000, HD 3000 and HD 2000 series.
Please note that we do not test or approve drivers for NVIDIA Quadro Workstation GPUs.
GeForce 516.94 Game Ready
- For NVIDIA GeForce 750, 750 Ti, 745, 900, 10, 16, 20, 30, 800M, 900M, 10 (notebook), 16 (notebook), 20 (notebook) and 30 (notebook) series and Titan X, Xp, V and RTX Titan.
GeForce 516.94 Studio
- For NVIDIA GeForce 10, 16, 20, 30, RTX Titan, 10 (notebook), 16 (notebook), 20 (notebook) and 30 (notebook) series.
GeForce 472.98 (Windows 10 or 11) and 473.04 (Windows 7 or 8)
- For NVIDIA GeForce 600, 700, 600M and 700M series, Titan, Titan Black and Titan Z.
- For NVIDIA GeForce 400, 500, 400M and 500M series
- For NVIDIA GeForce ION, ION LE, 8, 9, 100, 200, 300, 405, 8M, 9M, 100M, 200M, 300M and 405M series.
Important note about the approval status of Intel Graphics Drivers for Intel Arc graphics cards.
Intel Arc Graphics Driver 18.104.22.1683 BETA is approved for use with 3DMark only when specific optimizations for 3DMark Time Spy and 3DMark Port Royal are turned off. This is the default behavior for this driver.
For more information, please read this support article.
These drivers are approved for all supported 3DMark tests. Some Intel GPUs cannot run all tests.
Intel Graphics Driver 22.214.171.12422
- For Intel Xe Max, Xe, UHD and HD Graphics (Alder Lake, Tiger Lake, DG1) on Windows 10 and 11.
Intel Graphics Driver 126.96.36.1991
- For Intel Xe Max, Xe, Iris, Iris Plus, UHD and HD Graphics (Gemini Lake, Jasper Lake, Lakefield, Comet Lake, Amber Lake, Ice Lake, Coffee Lake, Whiskey Lake, Kaby Lake, Skylake) on Windows 10 and 11.
Intel Graphics Driver 188.8.131.5274
- For Intel Iris and Intel HD Graphics (Skylake) on Windows 7 and 8.1.
Intel Graphics Driver 184.108.40.20671
- For Intel Iris and Intel HD Graphics (Broadwell and Haswell) Windows 10.
Intel Graphics Driver 10.18.14.5180
- For Intel Iris and Intel HD Graphics (Haswell) on Windows 7 and 8.1.
Intel Graphics Driver 10.18.10.5161
- For Intel HD Graphics (Ivy Bridge) on Windows 7 and 8.1
Intel Graphics Driver 10.18.14.5067
- For older Intel integrated graphics (Sandy Bridge)
Intel Graphics Driver 220.127.116.114
- For older integrated graphics (pre-Sandy Bridge).
Driver approval policy
All currently supported Windows versions of 3DMark are covered by this policy.
Drivers must meet the following conditions before being considered for approval:
- Only a vendor's official, public and production quality driver releases will be considered.
- The driver must be WHQL-certified for all supported graphics chipsets.
- The driver package must be publicly available for download from the vendor's website before the approval will be published.
- OEM specific drivers based on an approved reference driver can be approved if they fulfil the guidelines.
- We aim to process driver approval requests within seven working days.
Benchmark specific driver optimizations are not allowed. Additionally, all generic driver optimizations that change the rendering quality or rendering technique requested or specified by the benchmark are prohibited:
- The driver may not change the rendering quality level, rendering technique or replace or alter any shaders or other parts of the benchmark test.
- Driver optimizations based on empirical data of benchmark workloads are not allowed.
- Generic driver optimizations that do not violate the above rules and benefit applications and games in general, are acceptable only if the rendering output is mathematically consistent with that of the Microsoft DirectX reference rasterizer.
With the exception of setting mandatory parameters specific to systems with multiple GPUs, such as AMD CrossFire or NVIDIA SLI, drivers may not detect the launch of the benchmark executable and alter, replace or override any parameters or parts of the test based on the detection.
In special cases, such as a major product launch, we will consider approving a new driver with the following exceptions to our standard policy:
- The driver may be pre-release and is not required to be WHQL certified.
- The driver must be delivered to UL Solutions at least seven days before the desired approval date.
- The driver-package must be publicly available for download from the vendor's website within seven working days of the approval.
We reserve the right to cancel the approval of any driver if it is later found not to comply with the conditions defined in this, or later, versions of this policy. Such changes will be shown on the approved drivers list on this page.
We reserve the right to revise this document. This is version 1.1 updated on August 22, 2017.