Recommend your Android device with 3DMark
February 21, 2014
We've updated our 3DMark Android benchmark app. The main change is a new feature that lets you recommend your phone or tablet to other 3DMark users. You can already see mobile devices ranked by popularity on our website. Soon you'll be able to see which phones and tablets generate the most personal recommendations too.
The other changes in this update help prepare 3DMark for our new OpenGL ES 3.0 tests, which are coming soon. For a start, 3DMark now supports the ability to install and uninstall benchmark tests from within the app. With this change you will be able to better manage the limited storage space on your device by installing only the most suitable 3DMark benchmark tests.
We've made it easier to install 3DMark on to AOSP devices, and to install via sideloading when there is no network available.
Finally, we've also translated 3DMark into Simplified Chinese to better support our users in China and the surrounding area.
New in 3DMark Android 1.3.1309
Benchmark scores are unaffected by this update.
- Do you love your phone? Let other 3DMark users know with the new Recommend My Device feature.
- 3DMark Android benchmark is now available in Simplified Chinese.
- 3DMark now supports the ability to install and uninstall benchmark tests from within the app. Look out for new tests coming soon.
- Improved UI rendering performance.
- Now requires Android 4.0.0 or higher. Android 3.2 support has been retired.
- Fixed a compatibility issue affecting Sony Xperia SP and Samsung Galaxy S III models with the Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 chip.
- Improved reliability on devices with less than the recommended 1 GB of memory.
- Support for installing 3DMark on AOSP devices that cannot access the Google Play store.
- Sideloading support for networkless installation.
3DMark is a free Android benchmark app available from Google Play.
New drivers enable ray tracing on NVIDIA GeForce GTX graphics cards
April 11, 2019
Google Stadia tech demo: cloud-based multi-GPU rendering
March 19, 2019
3DMark is now available on China’s largest games portal
March 11, 2019
UL contributes ray tracing expertise to new book
March 7, 2019
Two new benchmarks coming to PCMark 10
February 25, 2019
3DMark adds DLSS performance test
February 4, 2019
3DMark Android v2.0.4589 update released
January 16, 2019
3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark now available
January 8, 2019
Top overclockers set new records in 3DMark ray tracing benchmark
December 12, 2018
New trailer and release date for 3DMark Port Royal ray tracing benchmark
December 8, 2018
New ray tracing benchmark coming to 3DMark in January 2019
November 29, 2018
OPPO promises changes after 3DMark delisting
October 31, 2018
UL delists Oppo phones with suspect benchmark scores
October 18, 2018
New 3DMark benchmark for DirectX 12 integrated graphics
October 8, 2018
Two new benchmarks coming to 3DMark
September 20, 2018