MadOnion.com revolutionizes PC benchmarking with PCMark2002
March 12, 2002
Saratoga, CA – March 12, 2002 – MadOnion.com™ today announced the immediate availability of its free and newly released PCMark™2002 Benchmarking tool, available for download from http://gamershq.madonion.com/download/?pcmark2002.shtml.
Single benchmarking tool, integrated with online result browser, evaluates true performance of PCs, Laptops and Workstations
PCMark2002 provides consumers and business users with a unified benchmarking tool that reliably measures and compares performance of laptops, desktop PCs and workstations, across multiple Windows® operating systems. An integrated online result browser allows instant results comparison against the world’s largest performance database. With PCMark2002’s ease-of-use, professional calibre benchmarking software is now available to even novice PC users.
“Prior to the release of PCMark2002, measuring the performance of different types of computers, required a set of different benchmarking tools”, said Tero Sarkkinen, Executive Vice President Sales and Marketing for MadOnion. “This is the very first time that personal and business computer users can easily and reliably compare the performance of laptops against budget PCs or even workstations”.
PCs operating at identical CPU clock speeds may offer dramatically different levels of performance. True PC performance measurements go beyond simple megahertz or gigahertz numbers. “The practice of simply looking at the chip speed to assess a system’s performance would be similar to looking an automobile’s engine size or horsepower to assess whether the car is a good value and appropriate to your use”, says Rob Enderle, Research Fellow of the Giga Group, a technology analyst firm in Santa Clara, California. “Effective, independent and accurate benchmarks are a critical factor in both recovering and maintaining the PC market”. (GigaGroup 2002: Independent PC Benchmarks Critical to Market Future)
Major corporations - including AMD®, Intel®, Microsoft® and Nvidia® - participated in the development and testing of the product and are impressed by its ease-of-use and its reliable and impartial benchmarking methodology.
In the past, PC manufacturers were forced to use different benchmark software to measure different computer types”, said Sarkkinen. “This is the first time that vendors are able to accurately measure performance across their entire range of product offerings – from budget school PCs all the way up to industry level workstations – using one single tool.”
Key End User Benefits of PCMark2002:
- Easy to Use: easy to use for both novice users, benchmarking professionals, industry vendors and press labs;
- Unified benchmarking: single software tool for all PCs, laptops and workstations;
- Cross Platform: compare performance changes across different operating systems (Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP);
- Integrated Online ResultBrowser: instantly compare results to the world’s largest database of performance data with global validation;
- Free Download: PCMark2002 is available for immediate free download from the company’s website at http://gamershq.madonion.com/download
- CPU Performance Testing: extensive testing suite correlates to consumers daily routines and performance requirements;
- Memory Performance Testing: system memory, L1 and L2 cache, video memory and AGP Bus;
- Hard Disk Drive Performance Testing: read, write, and file copy performance;
- System Crunch Testing: system multitasking performance measured by simultaneous runs of CPU, Memory and Video memory tests;
- WindowsXP 2D Testing: presents and measures performance of the new WindowsXP GDI+ 2D features;
- Video Encoding and Decoding Performance Testing: MS ASF (corresponds to MPEG4) encoding/decoding performance testing and DVD decoding performance testing;
- DVD Playback Quality Testing: testing suite from Video2000 has been improved to reveal weaknesses in de-interlacing techniques;
- Laptop Battery Endurance Testing: highly customisable battery endurance testing features offer advanced battery consumption profiles for different usage type;
Software can be registered to enable added functionality for $9.95. A professional version with complete features and functionality is available from http://www.madonion.com/products/#pcmark2002 for $39.95.
MadOnion.com™ is a leading provider of PC benchmark software and performance information services. MadOnion.com™ is known around the world for its benchmark products, including the 3DMark® Series and Video2000 (with more than 26 million copies distributed, worldwide). MadOnion.com™ has offices in Saratoga, California and Helsinki, Finland. For more information, please visit www.madonion.com
Note to editors: for free evaluation copy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Vice President, Sales
Executive Vice President, Sales
3DMark NVIDIA DLSS feature test adds DLSS 3 support.
October 19, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is now available
October 12, 2022
3DMark Speed Way is launching on October 12.
October 10, 2022
New 3DMark feature test for Intel XeSS.
October 5, 2022
New UL Procyon Battery Life Benchmark for Windows PCs
June 30, 2022
Peek inside the 3DMark Speed Way graphics engine
March 24, 2022
Introducing the Build & Benchmark bundle
March 3, 2022
Get ready for 3DMark Speed Way
February 28, 2022
New languages for 3DMark and an improved Storage Benchmark result screen
December 10, 2021
3DMark adds new SSD benchmark for gamers
November 10, 2021
Benchmark PC performance with Microsoft Office apps
October 4, 2021
UL benchmarks are ready for Windows 11
September 29, 2021
3DMark update adds new Steam achievements, trading cards, and more!
September 27, 2021
Reduce the risk of data loss with Testdriver Storage Health Test
August 26, 2021
Experience DirectX 12 Ultimate with 3DMark
August 25, 2021